the history of whizin market square

Whizin Market Square is integral to the history of Agoura Hills.

The late Art Whizin purchased the land on Roadside Drive in early 1954. Bruce Whizin, his son, joined his father and business partner, Vance Moran, in operating a 12-stool hamburger stand and four-pump gas station on the property.

The original menu for Whizin’s Cafe c1970s

The site has seen many changes. The Cornell Corners restaurant evolved into the Wood Ranch restaurant. In 1955, Whizin and Moran built a rodeo arena, which was replaced within a few years by a motorcycle dirt track. A midget auto racing business and children’s go-cart track was operated on the site as well.

The row of buildings now occupied by antique stores was built in 1962. What is now The Canyon club was added in 1973, and the former arcade, now The Atrium Court, was built in 1974 (from The Acorn, October 13, 2011)

Then-and-Now-Market-Hall-West-THENThen-and-Now-Market-Hall-West-NOW

Before and after of Whizin Market Square Market Hall. This is on the West side of the building near what is now Sunrose California Eatery.

whizin market square now

Skip to content